Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Not afraid anymore




Here's a pic of the waves at South Padre Island, Tx from a weekend trip recently. The other pic is one of my most favorite pics of me at 5 years old when I used to be extremely afraid of the water. I took swimming lessons as a 5 year old and never learned to swim because I refused to plunge my face in the water. I didn't learn to swim until I forced myself to finally take a Swimming class in college. Although, I am not afraid of the water anymore and I did learn to swim, I am still afraid of swimming in the ocean while at the beach. So, I choose to just hang out on the edges of the shore....still just as enjoyable for me. My son James who is 6 years old, on the other hand, is not afraid to swim in the ocean at all. Now that's a whole different story I'll have to share later.

4 Comments:

Blogger gtedge said...

What a cutie....:)

7/11/2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Thanks, you weren't so bad yourself as a little boy! Can I post some? If not, I'll understand. Let me know! Bye!

7/11/2006 10:46 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Sandra, thanks for the visit and comments. You were a very cute little girl! I almost drowned at age 8 or 9, so I hate to get my face or head underwater too. I could never pass diving classes because of it. I enjoy the ocean, but only when the water temp is above 80*, and it is calm.

7/13/2006 6:49 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Thank you Kenju for the visit and comments to my blog also! You are super sweet! Thank you so much for the story you shared with me also. It was really nice hearing from you.

7/13/2006 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home