Friday, September 15, 2006

Hidden Ranch




To my surprise...I accidently found this slice of heaven! I was invited to a girls night out by a friend who lives in a beautiful subdivision kind of out in the country. They don't live the country life. They just live on a grand piece of property. Anyway, I was a little early so I decided to drive around the neighborhood and took a little detour and to my surprise..Wow..I stumbled upon this little ranch hidden away in a corner. You can even see a red barn in the distance. Gorgeous place...so totally my kind of place and so close to my work and I didn't even know it. I think I'll take a cruise by there every once in awhile now. I want my kids to know what it is like to grow up out in the country. Maybe someday my wish will come true. It was so beautiful and peaceful and completely surrounded by trees and open land! I was so amazed to see the beautiful horses. It is a rare thing for me to be out and about without the kids on a weeknight so I enjoyed my drive alone on this rainy day. I finally made it to the gathering and had a great time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Whisky said...

What an idyllic looking sanctuary!!
I'm sure your children will adore it :)

Keep up with the updates as I'm hooked now!

Lots of hugs

Whisky

xx

9/15/2006 9:09 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Whisky! I tell you I immediately felt a sense of peacefulness inside when I saw this place. I'm sooo happy I found it! Will be taking the kids by to see it most definitely! Thanks so much for you kind words! They are greatly appreciated!! We are off to Vegas for the weekend! It's going to be my first time leaving the kids for the weekend. I'm sooo sad. I will miss them dearly. I'll try and take some pics and see how they turn out. Wish me luck because I'm not much for flying.

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs!!!

Sandra

xxxx

9/15/2006 10:55 AM  
Blogger moggie said...

heya, country girl! dont worry about the flying...you'll be fine. pack some chewing gum to equalize your ears when you feel pressure...and think of all the things that bring you joy, your kids for instance. hope you have a great trip and dont forget to post some pics!

the shots of the horses are fantastic. it gave ME a sense of peacefulness. thanks for sharing.

9/18/2006 9:53 AM  
Blogger LadyHawk said...

Hi Sandra .. thanks for visiting my blog and I'm so glad that you enjoyed the pictures. The beauty that we see should be shared with everyone. Thanks for sharing your part of the world.

9/18/2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger Whisky said...

Hi Sandra.....I hope you have returned safe and well from your trip! I'm sure the flying was a breeze :)

Looking forward to seeing more piccies :)

Hugs

Whisky

xxx

9/20/2006 10:31 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Heya Guy and Gals...Moggie, Ladyhawk and Whisky!!

Moggie, you are so right!! I tell you I chewed and chewed and chewed that gum and I sure did think of my kids..that's the only thing that got me through it. My first flight was 6 years ago before I had my kids and before 9/ll. Alot has changed in the world and in my life since then. I've experienced so many more scary situations over these past 6 years and now I have my children that I look forward to seeing that the flight with a little help (bonine) was not bad at all. It was actually kind of cool because I wasn't so afraid of taking pictures of the view outside of the window either. Thanks for the sweet comments and I will most definitely post some pics! So glad you liked the pics of the horses! Bye!

Ladyhawk, thank you sooo much for the visit and the comments!

Hi Whisky! I did return safely. Thank heavens! It was a much better flight this 2nd time around. I actually was able to enjoy it with a little help of some motion sickness medicine. I will definitely post some pics!

Hugs to you Whisky! xxxx Thanks to all of you for being so sweet!!

The Countrygal from Texas

9/20/2006 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home