Friday, December 08, 2006

For Saffron! Special Request....


...from Saffron! Here are the recipes you requested to have, Saffron. I hope you enjoy them! I went ahead and posted for all to use if you wish. I've never shared these recipes with anyone. It feels good to share. I cherish these recipes because these are the recipes I grew up with. My Mom used these same recipes to bake pies for us every year at Thanksgiving. They are very precious to me. I didn't start using them until I had a reason to and that reason now exists. I now bake them for my children. They are still too young to realize how precious these recipes are to me. My sister has my Mom's original Betty Crocker Cookbook. One Christmas both my brother and my sister gave me the same Betty Crocker's New Cookbook for Christmas. I kept them both and had them sign them to remember always the day I received them. Take care always! Heaps of Happiest thoughts to all!! (Heaps is a word that Saffron uses and I really like it!) Will be posting more of home soon! Home being Elmendorf, Tx. pop. 664. Funny, huh? Bye! ; ) YUMMO, Saffron!! Enjoy!!!!

Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie
(Makes 8 servings)
(This recipe comes from the back of a can of Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin, America's favorite pumpkin, over 75 years of quality)

3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can (15 oz.) Libby's 100% pure pumpkin
1 can (12 fl. oz.) Carnation Brand Evaporated milk
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
( I like to make homemade crusts but sometimes it just isn't possible)

MIX sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.

POUR into pie shell.

BAKE in preheated 425 F. oven for 15 minutes. REDUCE temperature to 350 F. ; bake 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.

You can also visit Very Best Baking Recipes for Libby's Pumpkin Roll recipe and more!

_____________________________________________________

Pecan Pie - Recipe from Betty Crocker's New Cookbook
PREP: 20 minutes; BAKE: 50 min
Makes 8 servings

Pastry for 9-inch One-Crust (page 93 of the cookbook) or 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup stick margarine or butter, melted
1 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp salt
3 large eggs
1 cup pecan halves or broken pecans ( we also added sliced almonds to this one)

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare pastry.

2. Beat sugar, margarine, corn syrup, salt and eggs in medium bowl with wire whisk or hand beater until well blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate.

3. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until center is set.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh Sandra - you're a star!! Thank you sooooo very much :) I feel real special now. Yay! Thanks heaps! hehe ;) I'm soooo looking forward to making them, oh heck, lets be honest - I'm looking forward to eating them! Can't wait, I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks soooo very much.

12/11/2006 3:02 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Hiya Saffron!! You are too kind! Feels good to be a Star..heehee...thanks! You are very welcome!! I'm glad I made you feel special because you always do the same for me! You, too, are a STAR! Yes, do let me know if you get to try them out! You are sooo gonna love them!! YUMMO!

SANTA's on his way! Merry Christmas!!

Happiest of thoughts to ya always!!

Sandra

12/14/2006 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home