Saturday, January 27, 2007

Thoughts...





...about how life can be so beautiful and yet so sad at the same time. Home...I used to be able to wake up and look out these windows every morning and see the open land and hear the roosters crowing early in the morning. I miss it.


The other is a pic of my Daddy's driveway. I can't wait to open that gate and drive down that driveway and see him and give him a hug. He'll be turning 75 years old this month.


About today...today my baby boy celebrates his 7th birthday and here I am letting stress get the best of me. My little girl had a birthday earlier this month as well. Anyway,I tried to do a little something for my son on his birthday today. I know that he wanted to spend some time with his little friends. I get really weirded out having to be the center of attention so I was trying to avoid a big party. Anyway, we decided to go ahead and invite some of his little friends to a pizza party. It turned out okay. I didn't have any of my family members with me. They live too far away and had other plans anyway. I was a little down that I couldn't have any family members with me and so I called this very good friend of mine and she told me, "Don't worry Sandra, everything is going to turn out just fine. Your son is going to appreciate what you are doing for him and he is going to be really happy!" Of course, when I hung up with her, I instantly felt like crying because she couldn't join us either. Anyway, everything did turn out fine and my son had a great time! That is the most important thing. You know before I had my son, I didn't think I was going to be able to even have children and it was getting really depressing and then I was blessed with twins but only my son survived. I lost the other baby really early in the pregnancy.

Well, let me tell you, 7 years ago, on this very day, my son made me the happiest woman alive!!! I love him so!!!

---The whole point of sharing all of this...I was reminded today not to take things for granted and really appreciate what life has to offer.

As I was loading my son's birthday cake into my vehicle this morning, I noticed this man walking alone down the street and immediately thought, of course, please let him keep walking and let me do what I need to do. Well, he did, but not without wishing me a good day. He said, "Morning! How's it going?" or something to that matter. I thought maybe he lived around the neighborhood and was just taking a morning stroll so I replied, "Morning! It's a nice day, huh?" and he replied, "Yup, sure is, but it would be a whole lot nicer if I wasn't homeless." And then just continued on his way. Needless to say, no words could express how I felt at that moment.

---Guys and Gals, thanks for all of kind words, visits and lovely posts that you share daily!! They really mean alot. I only wish the best life has to offer for all of you!! You sure do know how to make me SMILE!! ; )

Sunshine and Smiles to all of you, always!!,

-Countrygirl

8 Comments:

Blogger moggie said...

hey sunshine,... wonderful set of photos!

thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts...

..and, a Very Happy Birthday to your kids too!

1/28/2007 3:13 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Hey you!! Good Mornin' from Texas!! Moggie!!...I absolutely love hearing from you!! Your messages always brighten my day!! I'm sooo happy that your days are beginning to shine a little brighter for you! I truly and dearly have missed your posts and visits. And you are very welcome. I was alone with a little peace and quiet and decided to share these thoughts with everyone. It makes me feel so happy to know that there are ones out there in this world who can appreciate them.

Thank you so very much for the wish for my kids. I sincerely appreciate it. You are so awesome!

Enjoy the rest of your evening!! Smile all you can because from the looks of your childhood photo it seems you have a fantastic smile!!

Take care always!

Sunshine and smiles to ya from the Countrygirl in Texas!!!!! ; )

1/28/2007 7:02 AM  
Blogger Divemuster said...

Hi Sandra! Thoughts like those you have shared can only come from someone who knows how to appreciate life no matter how trivial. We all tend to take a lot of things for granted and oft we overlook the common things until it is taken from away. You are so right not to take things for granted but yet we as humans we tend to forget. Thanks to friends like you and fellow blogging friends, I am reminded that I am blessed and to count the blessings... no matter how small.

Happiest thoughts sent your way from Malaysia.

- divemuster -

1/28/2007 8:42 AM  
Blogger Divemuster said...

Oh, and I love the beautiful photos.

- divemuster -

1/28/2007 8:44 AM  
Blogger LadyHawk said...

Hi Sandra .. beautiful photos that you have posted. At the end of the day, when all is said and done, it is family that matters the most. When your son is a teenager, when he goes off to college, when he has his own family, he is not going to remember the material things that you bought for him. What he is going to remember is that you had spent time with him, that you held a pizza party for him, that you ran in the rain with him, that you went chasing butterflies with him, that you laughed with him and cried with him. Carry on doing what you are doing .... make memories with him. Love to you from me. ~LadyHawk

1/28/2007 10:03 AM  
Blogger gtedge said...

A wonderful story worth sharing. Near or far, it is the willingness to share and create memories that is meaningful. Keep sharing!

Divemuster hit the nail on the head. We (I) tend to take things/friends for granted at times and sometimes a little wake-up call is what we (I) need to pay attention to what matters most.

1/28/2007 2:30 PM  
Blogger Whisky said...

Thankyou for sharing your world with us :)

Happy belated birthdays!!!

Hmmmmmm Pizza party?! Extra pineapple for me :)

Love and hugs

Whisky

xxxxx

1/31/2007 3:59 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Guys and Gals!! You know, this is what makes this totally worth it!! Wow....absolutely lovely responses!! I never thought that when Anthony got me to start this blog that I would love it this much! It's really nice to have a place to write some thoughts and be able to receive really sweet responses to them! Wonderful way to get me to SMILE!! ; ) Thanks Anthony for introducing me to the world of blogging! I have met some amazing and wonderful people thanks to you including yourself!! ; )

Hi Divemuster!! Thanks!! You are always so kind to me! Thanks for that!! I absolutely love reading your thoughts! You are truly amazing! You sure know how to make me SMILE!! Loovvvveee hearing from ya!! You are way too AWESOME!! ; )

Hi Ladyhawk!! Thanks!! Wonderful message from you to me!! You truly inspire me!! I greatly appreciate your kindness and lovely thoughts!
Love to you from me in Texas as well!

Roggie!! Thanks!! Thanks for always being such a cool big brother!! You have always been there for me in my time of need...surgeries, babies, birthdays, hard times...you don't know how much I love you for that!!! Thanks Rog!!

Whisky, what a lovely person you are!!! You are welcome and thanks! You are always so kind to me!! It's always a real treat hearing from ya!! Pineapple, huh?...no problem!...heehee! Hugs and smiles to ya!! XXXXX

Sunshine and smiles to you Guys and Gals!!!

-Countrygirl

2/02/2007 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home