Sunday, December 17, 2006

Mom and Dad's Place



This is a side view of where I grew up. I hope to take my time and try to get some nice pics of Dad's place as soon as I can. I kind of liked this one to post for now. I'm looking forward to taking some pics of his place in the springtime. Yup! This is a snapshot of where I grew up! Many years ago, on the other side that fence, there existed an orchard of plum trees. As kids we used to run through them all of the time and, of course, pic some juicy plums to eat...Yum! My Mom used to make the best homemade jelly with those plums! YUMMO!! And, NO, that is not a pic of my house. The old house that is pictured here was on the place when my parents purchased the property. My Dad uses it for storage. Cute old house! Growing up here there was no such thing as cable T.V. or DirectTV or even city water ( we had only well water). Of course, these things existed but just not for us because we lived too far outside of the city limits. We watched T.V. but didn't have the luxury of cable T.V. We grew up enjoying climbing trees, checking out the squirrels and horned toads, playing baseball in the backyard, walking through our neighbors creek, taking rides on my Dad's tractor and helping Mom cook and bake using fruits and vegetables that were homegrown in our backyard. I absolutely LOVE fresh, homegrown tomatoes! Yummy! Great snack with a little salt! Come to think of it, I haven't had one in forever! : ( Anyway, just thought I'd share. Enjoy! Bye! ; )

SANTA is on his way! I hope all have NOT been Naughty.... but NICE...heehee! I know for a fact that you guys and gals have been extremely NICE to me so I know that SANTA will be good to all of you...heehee! MERRY CHRISTMAS to All! Only sending the happiest of thoughts to All always!!!!

I am hoping to spend Christmas at home this year! I'll take some more country pics and hope that they turn out okay! I'll share if they do...heehee!

2 Comments:

Blogger Divemuster said...

Hi Countrygirl!
It is pictures like these that bring back memories of wonderful yesteryears. Although it is hard to imagine what we will do these days without the internet and mobile phones to keep in touch, this brings back images from when life was simple but yet so much fun.

Thank you for sharing the memories of your childhood.

Happy thoughts from Malaysia sent your way.

Divemuster

12/17/2006 9:25 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Divemuster! You are sooo sweet to me! Thanks for the lovely comments!! Yup! My Daddy has yet to get cable at his place. No computer exists here either. He just very very recently got his first cellphone. My brother got it for him so that we can keep in constant contact with him. Funny, huh? This photo was taken this past November at Thanksgiving. I forgot to mention that in the springtime that same field gets filled with tons of wildflowers like indian paintbrush and bluebonnets! It always looks sooo beautiful! I have beautiful, fond memories of this place! You are so very welcome!

Happiest of thoughts from Texas being sent your way always! Take care!,

Sandra

12/17/2006 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home