Saturday, December 09, 2006

Elmendorf, Tx! Pop. 664...My Hometown!



Hey Guys and Gals! Here's a few pics of home that I snapped recently. They don't mean much to anyone else unless I explain why I took them. They do mean a great deal to me, though. These photos bring back memories, memories, memories of wonderful times...lovely and precious memories for me when passing through here! I snapped this photo about a mile away from my Dad's place! I was on the way to snap some photos at his house but I was kind of in a hurry and didn't get too many good ones. I'll have to try again next time. This is the road we drove down to go to school every morning.



This is the view from my Dad's driveway. It's usually covered with grass but I guess they have been working on clearing the area here. This is the view I had every morning when checking the mailbox for mail for my parents. In the spring, this area ( on both sides of my Dad's driveway) gets filled with tons of bluebonnets and indian paintbrush. One winter, when I was a little girl, this whole area was covered with layers of snow. I put my Dad's rubber boots and walked out there to see it. It was soooo beautiful!



Elmendorf is a tiny little town. There is only one main road off Loop 1604 that curves right back up to Loop 1604.



This is a snapshot of that road.



This tree was off the side of the country road that I posted previously by my sister's house. I just thought it was really beautiful! I thought this pic came out kind of pretty.

As you can see Elmendorf is a beautiful place! I will cherish where I grew up always! Love that enormous Oak tree! Lots of families decorate their homes with beautiful Christmas lights down these country roads. Every year I look forward to that chance to be able to go home and drive down those country roads to see them. Enjoy!

Just a Countrygirl wishing all you of you guys and gals heaps of the happiest of thoughts always!!! Bye!! ; )

6 Comments:

Blogger LadyHawk said...

The photo of that tree is lovely and beautifully framed with the sunlight streaming past. Thanks so much for sharing the lovely sights of your hometown, Sandra.
Happy thoughts from Malaysia.

LadyHawk

12/11/2006 12:27 AM  
Blogger Divemuster said...

Hi Countrygirl! Beautiful, beautiful scenery. One can see why you love that place so much. I love the photo of the Oak trees.. big, strong and lovely to sit under in a hot day.

Thanks for sharing the beauty and memories of your growing up years.

Thinking Happy Thoughts and sending them over...

Divemuster.

12/11/2006 1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome photos and the tree one is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Almost magical with the light shining through from behind - really, really nice photo Sandra! :)

12/11/2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Guy and Gals! I'm so sorry that I haven't able to respond to your lovely comments. I've been a little worn out. : )

Also, I switched to Beta because I started having trouble posting comments to your blogs. And now, my blog comments say "anonymous said". I hope it's not going to be like this always because then I'm not going to know who sent me the comments. So please, please add your names somewhere until this all starts working out again. Thanks so much! : )

Hi Ladyhawk! Thank you soooo much for the lovely comments! You always make me feel so good and always put a smile on my face! I'm so happy that you are enjoying them!

Happiest of thoughts to ya always!!

Countrygirl

Hi Divemuster!! You are so awesome!! You always use such beautiful words when commenting! I greatly appreciate that! And you are very welcome! I'm so glad you liked my pics! It's been fun sharing the beauty and the memories of my growing up years.

Also thinking of the happiest of thoughts and sending them over to ya!

Countrygirl

Hi Saffron! Thank you so much for your kindness and your lovely comments! Glad you are enjoying my pics! Take care, girlie!!

Merry Christmas 2006!

Happy thoughts to ya!

Sandra

12/14/2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Sandra..I adore this picture! Great job, I hope you have a fabulous holiday. I just moved back to Denver from Nebraska..perhaps I will run into your brother some day and never even know it ;-)!

12/24/2006 9:10 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Rachel!! Thank you for the lovely comments!! You are too kind! ; ) I hope you enjoy a FABULOUS Christmas and New Year as well!!! My brother is Rob Lopez...he is in finance! He is a total Photographer guy now! He gave me some tips...heehee! He came down to visit with us in San Antonio for Christmas. We had an awesome time! Again, thank you for all of your kind words! ;-) Bye!!

Countrygirl

12/29/2006 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home